Hartford Downtown Campus
Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
05:30 PM - 08:00 PM
Greater Hartford CampusArch Street Tavern 85 Arch Street, Hartford
Youâre Invited !!!
Kick off the fall semester meeting and mingling with MPA, MPP and Fast Track fellow students, faculty and alumni.
One Free Drink Ticket per Person for Glass of Wine or Beer!
RSVP to Linda Friedman at email@example.com
by Monday, September 26, 2016
See You There!
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
12:45 PM - 02:00 PM
Greater Hartford Campus, Greater Hartford CampusTBD
Please refer to our facebook page for updated room information. Rooms vary week by week. https://www.facebook.com/ASGHartford/
Monday, October 3rd, 2016
05:30 PM - 07:00 PM
Greater Hartford CampusTBA
GSO hosts monthly meetings throughout the school year to brainstorm, discuss, and plan for social and educational event opportunities. All social work students are welcome to attend. Food will be provided!
To RSVP for food planning purposes, please contact Savitri Horrigan and Jasmine Rosado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Storrs CampusOak 104
The Urban Semester Program offers students a tremendous opportunity for service learning and public service in Hartford, Connecticut. As a participant in the program, you are offered the opportunity to work in the heart of the cityâs human services, government agencies, community and non-profit organizations. Depending on your area of interest and major, your internship can address issues facing the city, ranging from education to homelessness and youth issues, the criminal justice system and the changing welfare system. Students participate in two 3 credit seminars that meet weekly in addition to a 9-credit internship. For information about the program, contact the Urban Semester Program Director, Edith Barrett, UConn School of Social Work: Edith.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit http://abroad.uconn.edu/program/urban-semester/
This program is administered through UConn Education Abroad.
Many scholarships are available: http://abroad.uconn.edu/scholarships/
Education Abroad Office
Rowe 117, Storrs Campus Office
Wednesday, October 5th, 2016
08:30 AM - 03:15 PM
Greater Hartford Campus, Greater Hartford CampusSchool of Social Work
Registration required: http://socialworkce.uconn.edu/
- UConn Trustees Approve Sale of West Hartford Campus to Town June 29, 2016As UConn Hartford moves downtown, the site of the campus in West Hartford will be sold to the Town.Tom Breen
- UConn Hartford Joins Forces with Hartford Public Library April 21, 2016The new downtown campus will use space within the Library building for classrooms, a library collection, and study areas.David Bauman
- UConn to Negotiate Possible Sale of West Hartford Campus March 30, 2016As the University prepares to open its downtown Hartford campus in fall 2017, it is negotiating with a private buyer for the possible sale of its West Hartford campus.Stephanie Reitz
- UConn to Offer Scholarships to Hartford Promise Students January 12, 2016The University's commitment will help make college more affordable for students from Hartford Public Schools.Stephanie Reitz
- Research Projects Explore Meaningful Public Discourse December 15, 2015The Humanities Institute has funded 12 projects probing the nature of meaningful public discourse and identifying barriers to achieving it.Kenneth Best
Student Daily Digest
- Student Organization Events and Meetings
Free Pizza - Circle K International
Do you like pizza? Do you want to help make a difference? Come to the Circle K International meeting this Wednesday and hear all about the various community... [Read More]
Vote on USG Constitutional Changes in Referendum
Get Paid to Go to Campus Events
UCSPAN is a student run department of UCTV that trains students in filming and editing. You can get paid to film and/or edit a requested event on... [Read More]
NABA: Navigating the Career Fair with KPMG
It's that time of year again! Career fair season is upon us. Come out and learn some tips and tricks for a successful Career fair and how you can leave... [Read More]
Oxfam UConn Speaker
Come Thursday 9/29 at 7pm in room 316 in the Student Union and listen to a wonderful speaker who has spent a great deal of time in North Korea. Madelyn... [Read More]